Whether you’re just starting out in business, or you’ve been in business for years, chances are high that you need an office. What the perfect office space looks like, however, is different for different people and different businesses.
For example, a company that strictly provides online services may do just fine with employees each working from their own home office. An in-person service business, however, may require a centralized location accessible by both staff and customers.
Finding and leasing the perfect office space does take time and effort. But, the process can go a lot smoother if you know what to look for. Here are 10 things to consider before you sign a lease:
10 Factors That Determine the Perfect Office Space
- On location vs. remote – Decide whether or not you actually need a physical office or if your staff can work remotely instead.
- Location, location, location – If you decide on a centralized office, you’ll want to pick a location that benefits your business, staff, and customers.
- Amenities – Providing a productive work space for your employees includes making sure there is adequate access to nearby amenities – things like banking, retail, dining, and entertainment options. Your clients will love it, too!
- Determine your budget – Take into account any fixtures, equipment or materials you’ll need in your new space, plus the actual cost of your lease. This will help you determine which office building class you can afford.
- Understand your lease options – Ask questions and make sure you understand every part of your lease BEFORE you sign on the dotted line.
- Property management – Find out who is responsible for repairs and maintenance – you or the property management company?
- Flexibility – The perfect office space will meet your needs now but also give you room to grow in the near future.
- Floor plan – COVID-19 has impacted office spaces and how they look. Do you want an open floor plan, or one where staff has individual spaces for social distancing?
- Parking – The perfect office space will have plenty of room for your staff and visitors to park.
- Branding – From location and accessibility, to interior decorations and available amenities, make sure your office gives a great first impression of your company!
Your Office Can Help or Hurt Your Business
Having the right location and set-up for your office can help streamline day to day business operations and create a positive working environment. Or, the wrong space can do just the opposite.
At TXRE Properties, we know that the perfect office space is different for each tenant. That’s why our professional commercial real estate brokers work WITH you to determine which space is ideal for YOUR business, budget, and goals. Simply contact us today and we’ll be happy to give you a tour of any of our premium commercial properties in the Dallas-Fort Worth area!