Productivity is one of the biggest keys to business success and a profitable bottom line. And, where does that come from? The easy answer is … a productive work space for your employees.
When your staff feels safe, comfortable, and cared for, and they have the right tools to do their jobs, they’ll get more done. It’s that simple! And, when they do more, that usually translates to the company having more … more sales, more income, and higher profits.
If you’re currently looking for the perfect office space to lease, or even if you already have it, there are several things to consider that can make productive work space for your employees.
A productive work space will …
1. Be the right temperature. No one wants to work in an environment that is too hot or too cold. Think of Goldilocks and find an office space that’s ‘just right’. Ideally, you’ll want an office in a building that has individual temperature controls for each tenant. That way, your employees can have the environment just the way they like it!
2. Have invigorating colors and/or scenery. Sitting in a drab cubicle or looking at concrete walls all day can stifle your employees’ energy, creativity, and ultimately, productivity. Instead, choose an office location with beautiful scenery or attractive wall colors or decorations.
3. Contain the right equipment. This is a big component of a productive work space. When employees have to search for the right tools or equipment to get the job done, they get frustrated, waste time, and lose productivity. Save time and money by setting them up with the right equipment to start with.
4. Be in the right location. Have you ever suffered from the effects of a long commute? If so, you know the importance of a prime office location. Many commercial office buildings are located close to commuter rail lines, train stations, or at least have easy highway access. All of these things can contribute to a favorable commute and your employees arriving at work fresh and ready to start the day.
5. Provide easy access to amenities. Many employees are more productive when they can take a break for lunch, get outside for a walk, or have access to a gym before or after work. It IS possible to provide easy access to all of these things when you choose the right office location. Often, that means opting for an office in a Class A building which may even have these amenities on site.
Where’s YOUR perfect office location?
Now that you’ve read the criteria for a productive work space, do you know where to look for the perfect space? Many people do not, and that’s okay! We’re here to help.
At TXRE Properties, we specialize in matching tenants with the location that will best meet their needs now and into the future. We have a variety of commercial real estate properties that have outdoor jogging trails, indoor gyms, on-site banking, and a host of other amenities. In addition, our properties are located throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth region, making them easily accessible for commuters.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the first step toward creating a productive work space for your employees and contact one of our commercial real estate brokers today!